Thursday, January 11, 2018

I have a gym...in my house!!!

   Let's face it, not many people like working out. I was always intimated by other women when I went to the gym. It was hard and I always wondered what they were thinking. In all honesty I'm sure they could care less about me, but it was something I always worried about. My weight has been up and down since I had my first child at 21. Before that I was a size 5..barely. There was a time that I was even a 0 and we couldn't find clothes to fit me. What ever happened to that person? I can tell you...she liked to eat so she disappeared. I love food, I do...I really really do.

   But here it is, 2018 and I'm starting out the year like I do every year...resolutions. Do you have resolutions? I have a list of them every year and they last about a week. So this year I decided to do something different. When you write out your resolutions you are looking at 365 days of trying to be perfect or hitting your goal. Each day is a struggle and the end is so far away. So I changed it up. I am doing my resolutions each week. Yep, that's right, each and every single week. I sit down on Monday morning and write out what I want to achieve for that week. The first week didn't go so good, but this week is going a lot better. To me this is reachable, much more than focusing on doing it for the year. Some weeks will have the same resolution because that's an ongoing goal, while others can be achieved weekly. This is me, no more reaching for the stars so far away, reach for the ones close to me first.

  One of the main reasons I decided to do this blog is because I need something for me. I'm going to be 45 this year and I'm in that place in my life asking myself, "What have I done?' I need and want to do more, but I need to change me first. I am starting out on my Plexus journey at 226 lbs. To some that's major, to others it's a weight goal they are trying to get. I have been heavier, but right now I feel at my worst. I hate that I have gotten to this. I cry and get upset at myself but I wouldn't change anything.

  I have a gym in my house. Not a full gym, but close enough. The closest gym to my house is 15 miles away. So what do I do? I buy everything, including a cycling bike that I have only been on once in 9 months. I have yoga videos, weights, everything...including Jillian Michael's workout DVD set, and you guessed it...I never have opened it. Before I moved to this area I use to work out a lot. But it's the same story every time. Workout...don't eat right. Eat right...don't work out. I've even ran 2 half marathons. Keep in mind we are using the word ran very loosely. Motivation is a big deal for me, but let's face it..I'm going to have to be my own motivator. Well that's what I use to say. Plexus has such a strong commitment to being healthy and such a strong team to help you get there. The motivation is there...you just need to see it.

  So here I am. 44 years old. 226 pounds, and lazy. Oh and did I mention I'm keeping an 8 month grand baby? Do I have time to be tired? Yes..the answer is yes because I'm tired all the time. I have two options, go walk or lay down. Guess which one I'll pick? So what's a little bit of a kicker for me? A picture!! Oh I'm not posting it here, well not yet anyways. There's no better motivator, no better proof of how something works than a picture.

  So yes, I will post a picture before I fully start this journey. Are you brave enough to take it with me?

Pizza Pizza,
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment